Dissatisfied with your current program? Want to transfer to a better school and environment?
Luma will create a thorough analysis of what you like and don’t like from your current program and what you hope to achieve from your next school. Fran (Luma founder) will assist in identifying next steps, and help you get into the program that is most suitable for you. Luma will work with the students to:
- Analyze and evaluate the student’s current school and curriculum. We will find out what the student likes and dislikes, specific reasons for wanting to transfer, and what he or she hopes to achieve from the new program.
- Create an analysis of alternative programs based on the student’s test scores, overall grades, work experience, extracurricular activities, and reasons for transferring. It’s crucial that to select schools that are most suitable for his/her interests, fulfillment and professional future in order to make transferring a worthwhile endeavor.
- Create a detailed timeline to ensure this admissions process is seamless and deadlines are met.
- Ensure that required documents students need to prepare are timely available and translated.
- Provide recommendations on how to get exceptional references from teachers.
- Guide the student in producing a powerful personal statement that maximizes her chances of admission. Our goal is not only to help our students create a well-written personal statement, but, by using the art of storytelling, to also connect with the admissions officers reviewing the application. We collaborate with the student to assist with the following activities:
1. Exploring unique and powerful personal statement topic.
2. Discussing the personal statement over several drafts in order to ensure that the content is cogent and compelling, highlighting the student’s uniqueness and talents.
3. Polishing and finalizing the personal statement. Each paper is reviewed by two professionally certified editors in the U.S. and Fran to ensure that it is carefully crafted, that the flow is immaculate, and that it is generally beautifully written with no grammar, syntax, or structural errors.
- Coach students during interview process as needed.
- Assist in the decision-making process once the student has received acceptance letters.
- Conduct waitlist and deferral analysis for the student as necessary.
- Provide resources and recommendations on how to obtain scholarships and other types of financial aid.